I finally found a protein ball with the right consistency, easy ingredients, and perfect taste. I have the worst sweet tooth, especially at work, and this protein ball satisfies my dessert craving while also keeping me full. The best part about this recipe is that I basically always have the ingredients in my pantry so I never have to plan ahead!
LOW-CARB PEANUT BUTTER COCONUT PROTEIN BALLS
Yields: 12 balls (I make mine a little bigger than a quarter)
- 1 cup of any nut butter (I’ve used peanut and cashew butter and both work)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sticky sweetener (honey, agave, brown rice syrup, sticky stevia)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cups of chocolate chips (vegan, milk, or dark)
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of water
- Mix the nut butter, sticky sweetener, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the oats, coconut flakes, salt, and chocolate chips. If it’s it not sticky enough to hold shape, add the water until the mixture is the consistency to stay in a ball.
- Form your preferred size protein balls and store in Tupperware in the fridge!
Love the protein here! Yummy too!